Thursday, July 19, 2012

Talking Wrigley in Chattanooga

A while back, while sitting at a hotel bar, I found myself involved in a conversation with a middle-aged man from Chicago. He was in town working disaster recovery from the damage caused by a tornado a few weeks prior. We covered a lot of topics, but it was once we started talking about the Cubs that I decided I had to take some notes on the discussion. The following is a short list of the madness that made it into my Notepad session:
  • "Wrigley's great, if you get the right tickets."
  • Bleacher seats
  • Halter tops
  • Girls "dropping tops"
  • Drinking beers
  • Watching the minor leagues = more fun.
  • Advertisers will never leave the Cubs
  • Wrigley is always full even when the team sucks
  • Why do the players need to win? They make their money regardless
  • Winning more games won't make the owners more money

No comments:

Post a Comment